Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Outing on a Hot Day



These are pictures of our outing to a kids play place. It was a hot day and I thought it would be a good idea to do something inside. Little did I know this place was not air conditioned. The kids didn't seem to mind even though it was as miserable or more so than outside. Luckily they sold ice cream. Jip (pronounced Yip) and Bart are our friends from the Netherlands. Bart was in Ainsley's class this year. We will miss them when they move back to Holland at the end of summer.

Bart is only four but a true soccer fanatic. He kept us up to date on the world cup finals. He is wearing a Holland jersey.
I learned that althought The Netherlands national flag sports colors red, white, and blue, the players and the fans all wear orange. This is because the name of the royal family in The Netherlands is van Oranje Nassau-- Oranje of course being orange in Dutch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home