11 Signs of Successful State Sponsored Re-patriatization
Top 11 signs that we're becoming accustomed to American life:
1. Our home is regularly messy and dinner no longer magically appears on a daily basis.
2. "Hey look! Lucky Charms!" has turned into "Not more Lucky Charms."
3. The sound of a car horn once again has meaning.
4. Although our children's toys still say "Made in China", they now last longer than 30 minutes.
5. Our clothes no longer smell like they were washed in 700 degree water filled with heavily perfumed and opaquely pink laundry detergents named "Happy".
6. We openly drink from any faucet in the house without fear of ingesting some unpronounceable parasite.
7. It hurts that our current babysitting budget is more than twice our former utilities and grocery bills combined.
8. We get upset and immediately call the electric company when our power goes out.
9. Ainsley's annoyed that in being the top of her class requires more than being a native English speaker.
10. Kids are bewildered by sidewalks that contiguously run along any given street.
11. We're starting to get suspicious at people who suddenly have somewhere to be when we begin sentences with "When we lived in Albania..."


5 Comments:
That's hilarious and TRUE! I'm still trying to get used to all the honking, avoiding water, and no Lucky Charms!!!
You know, they say going back to the states is 3 times harder than leaving, and it gets worse the longer you are away. There are just too many things that become normal to us that those who have not experienced cannot relate.
That's hilarious. One of our successful repatriation tells was when Costco no longer gave us panic attacks (everything/everyone is SO BIG!).
Have you ever considered writing for Letterman? You are hilarious! (But then I am a bit prejudiced when it comes to my offspring!) I love you, Mom
Don't we all miss Teuta?
Hi Jen, when you said you have a blog, I of course had to check it out immediately - although I should be using my time more wisely. I loved this post!! And the one from Shane about a wasted Saturday!! I can't believe you guys are already in central Asia and out of the states again. Your kids are adorable and I wish we could see you sometime soon.
Post a Comment
<< Home