Thursday, February 14, 2008

10 Easy Steps to Fixing Your Internet in Tirana

It is easy to notice that we haven't been the most committed bloggers. The reason, however, is two fold. Aside from our lacking organizational skills and having time management issues, good quality uninterrupted internet service is difficult to find here in Tirana.

My recent experience trying to get help with my internet connection can be summed up in ten easy steps:

1. I made a call to the company stating my problem.
2. He told me to call back in 10 minutes, he'd do a check.
3. I call back in 10 minutes. They had no recollection of me. I was simply told to call back in 10 minutes. I restated my issues and he tells me to call back in 10 minutes. He'll do a check.
4. I asked at that time if he would call me back instead. He said yes.
5. I did not get a phone call back.
6. Shane went into their office and asked if we could have a tech come take a look. They hesitantly agreed.
7. Two techs came and after two hours still could not tell us what was wrong. They took our router and said they would come by the next day.
8. Three days later I call to ask what is up and I insist that something be done. They tell me to call back in three hours and maybe they can make an appointment with me then.
9. I call the tech himself to ask why he has not come back with my router.
10. The tech shows up with the same router and after an hour I have internet on one of the two computers.

Sigh.

If you are planning on taking on this task for yourself, be aware that there will be several points in time when you feel like someone is yelling at you, the customer. Reassure yourself that it is not your fault and that you have done nothing wrong. Rejoice in the internet you have at the moments you have it.

4 Comments:

At 5:40 PM, Blogger bug girl said...

And you want to go where next? I bet internet is going to be even more spotty.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger bug girl said...

Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day.

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! And I was complaining about how slow my internet connection was today but I'm sure it's 10x faster than anything you have right now!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger liz j said...

My favorite has got to be number 8. Call back in 3 hours! Ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home