Friday, April 11, 2008

Athens Workout - March 2008

While in Athens we got the work out of our life. My mom and I called it fat camp. We had to walk walk walk walk and walk some more, and while walking, we carried heavy children. These pictures are first because the kids were self entertained and therefore they represent one of our favorite moments on the trip.



This picture sucks, but it gives the dreamy idea that we were on the island of Santorini. We are actually in a small village at the foot of the Acropolis that was settled by Greek islanders, hence its white washed walkways and blue doors and shutters.

This was a very cool, well preserved building in the old Agora.

We were in Athens for National Day and we were lucky to watch the parade pass right by the Temple of Zeus (shown below). Addie about killed ten people with that flag she insisted on carrying through the crowds.
The parade was entirely military strength showboating. Turks Beware!

VIVA la Greece.

We like this picture because while Oliver and Aisnely were amusing themselves by taking pictures of one another, Shane and I were fighting about which sights to see next. "The Plaka!" "No! The Parthenon." "No.The Plaka!" "No. The Parthenon!"

We ended up seeing the Temple of Zeus.

A big thanks to my parents who came from Philly to spend time with us and help placate kids. We love you!

6 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, Blogger liz j said...

Holy smokes your kids are getting huge! When did that happen?

Love love love the photos.

Miss you guys...

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Great pictures!!
let me know as soon as you guys get back here and are settled. We absolutely have to get together :)

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger erin T to the S said...

A. I wish my posts could have something about Greece in the title that isn't spelled 'grease'
B. The sky is the same as the flag blue in that last picture
c. Your kids are so cute.
D. Why does your mom age in reverse?
E. If you were fighting in that picture you have the most congenial fights I have ever seen...you're both smiling!
F. is for Far away and you are too much of it!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Whitney said...

I am not so secretly want your life. And I can not wait until you are back in the states for at least a little while.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger kelly said...

parents are great! i typed that and thought, oh yeah we're parents now too...ha. well, grandparents are great. nice pictures!

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

You look so much like your mother (as I remember her in elementary school) in the picture of you and Shane fighting. Without the caption, I would have been convinced it was her. And your mother has always been stunning so it was meant as a compliment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home