Sunday, February 17, 2008

To get a family photo...

Miraculously we were ready quite early for church today, so we tried to take a family photo. If I could master PhotoShop, perhaps I could puzzle piece together a perfect picture. One picture Ainsley is squinting. The next Adlyn is screaming. Then I'm looking down. Then Shane blinks. Oliver is consistenly not smiling--I can count on that. But the few photos where he chooses to break out his pearly whites, the rest of us are gulping or batting at a fly. So here you have it. The best of the mediocre.

11 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger erin T to the S said...

Those are some seriously cute holmeses. It's so weird to think that dress fits Adlyn now when the last time I saw her she was so so tiny...love to you guys

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger bug girl said...

Great picture. Don't you think it is better to capture the personalities in these family photo's rather than get some forced family togetherness and mockery? I think if I have kids, and it is photo time, I will pinch them each time the shutter is about to open and that way I get them all yelling and screaming, just how I remember them at home on a typical day, only they will be all dressed up without all those food and dirt stains on their clothes.

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger tami said...

You all look so great! I love your hair, Jen. It's so fun to see how big your kids are getting.

Are you going to be in Tirana much longer?

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Laura Gunn Studio said...

Look at you guys, all grown up and stuff. Beautiful kids!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Cindy Bean said...

What's most important is that you and Shane look good, and friend, you loooook mahrveeeeellous.

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger liz j said...

I agree with Cindy! And Kim - I would like to hire you to take pictures of all my neighbors. That would be great fun.

So guys, how does the whole Kosovo claims its independence thing looking from Tirana? Are folks in general excited? Nervous? Does it dominate the news?

Can I ask you these questions?

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Jen and Shane said...

Good feedback friends. This must mean my new expensive camera is doing its job.

The Serb slash Kosovo thing is dominating the news here. I heard the Serbs are protesting around the U.S. Embassy in Belgrade. If tere is any unrest it will be in Kosovo and not around here. Hopefully.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger kelly said...

hi guys- i've decided to become blog-active and it's so great to see how everyone is doing. i can't believe we're all so "grown-up". i'll have to agree with everyone else on this post; a- i can't believe your kids are so big, b- jen you look as fabulous as always, c- the photo is terrific. who wants there family to be perfect all the time anyway? one of my favorite family photos is my friend amanada's and 2 of her kids are eating apples because they cried if anyone tried to take them. (see it here: thesharpsix.blogspot.com )
love you guys- kelly

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger liz j said...

Yeah, the Kosovo thing made the front page of the Wall Street Journal only when a group of Serb protesters torched parts of the U.S. Embassy in Belgrade. I hope things don't flare out of control and the Balkans can enjoy a bit more peace and growth. It's all so far from my personal experience.

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Lizzy said...

hello there! you all look fantastic!

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger andi said...

Wait, which new fancy camera did you get? And this picture has refreshed Xan's quest for the impossible!! Oh, fair Ainsley.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home