Adlyn's 3rd Birthday - October
Adlyn has a fondness for horses, and in Kyrgystan, that is one thing there is no shortage of. A friend came up with the idea to have a pony at Addie's birthday party. Although I was hesitant, two phone calls, a trip to the local theme park, and 50 bucks later, we had a mama miniature horse and her foal eating at our lawn and doing laps around our patio with small children waiting in line for a chance to ride.
The birthday cake was a result of a Russian lesson out on the town. My teacher took me to the bakery where I learned the words for vanilla cake, pony, tower, river, bridge, and garden. I did not, however, learn how to explain to the delivery boy how to get to my house when he called two days later to say that he had arrived with the cake, and yet there was no car in sight outside my house. I had to ask a random pedestrian outside to please explain on the phone how to proceed. Spasiba.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home