Monday, January 18, 2010

Sledding in Kyrgyzstan

This is Kyrgystan in winter!
Good thing we had a four wheel drive to go for a weekend retreat to the mountains.

If Kyrgyzstan could have a national animal, it would be the horse. They write stories about them, have festivals dedicated to them, create national sports around them, and then they eat them. These ones were still in good form so they avoided our dinner plates.



The sledding hill for beginners (on which Shane managed to damage his neck and back while amusing everyone).

Imagine this scene in panoramic 360 degrees.


Outside our cabin.

5 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyrgystan in winter looks surprising like some of those stretches of country in Utah as your driving the 15. I guess snow can have the quality of making places look the same. Very beautiful (from the comfort of my 74°F cubicle). It is good to see you guys posting again and to get a picture of where you are now, and the kids look so grown up. Keep up the new posts.

Scotty

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Sydney (The Holmes cousin) said...

Hi Jen and Shane and the fam, everybody says "HI". And we all really can't wait to see you guys again. Everybody misses you so much that when my mom got you on Skype, that after we said bye she started crying.

P.S. Jen I got some great videos and pics of the choir when we went to the Tabernacle. And I also got some great pics of the hotel we stayed in. It's also the place my daddy works at but he doesn't work at the hotel, the hotel is 2 buildings put together one of them is Homewood Suites and the is the place my daddy works at, Energy Solutions..


Say "HI" To the family for me. Can't wait to see You, Shane, Addy, Ainsley, and Oliver. Hey Ainsley I love your hair it is so BEAUTIFUL,COUSINS HONONR..

LOVE YOU GUYS WITH ALL MY HEART..

BYE.

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Lizzy said...

hello holmes'! you guys are looking so great. let's email catch up! hopefully email in K is better :)

 
At 3:48 AM, Blogger becky comstock said...

Looks like a winter wonderland. We have had a bunch of snow here too! Maybe not quite as cold as it looks like you are! I miss you guys. Hope to see you in the summer.

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger andi said...

I does look just like Springcity Utah. What is the elevation there??

I just read a good book that you should find via amazon. Gilgamesh by Joan London. A good part of the book is set in Albania, 1940's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home