Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day was spent in the mountains at the national park, Ala Archa, just outside of Bishkek.

We went for a hike up a well tred path. Ainsley and Oliver raced up the trail while Adlyn dug in her heels wishing and begging for someone to tote her. Next time we'll try a pull sled to avoid having to carry a little person plus lots of layered clothes and snow gear awkardly up a hill.

Afterwards we picked a spot (in the parking lot) and built a fire. Hmmmm This wouldn't happen in the USA. You can't tell from these pictures how crazy cold it was up there, but let me tell ya.... it was coooooooold.
We roasted hot dogs and marshmellows and drank hot chocolate.


The night before we celebrated by attending the International Women's Club Charity Ball. The menu included multigrain heart shaped rolls, polenta, and heart shaped brownies with strawberry sauce for dessert.

We turned into pumpkins at midnight.


4 Comments:

At 5:37 AM, Blogger brooklyn said...

i love your life. I can' imagine anything more romantic than being together in Kyrgystan! I imagine to be so untainted and sincere and peaceful.

 
At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Whitney said...

I miss you guys. And now I am worried about you guys, I hope the newspaper is making everything sound much worse then it is. Please be safe.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Laur said...

Jen, you are stunning! I love the pics. And your kids are all getting so big and grown up already. Sure miss you.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger neil and jes said...

Jen! So glad I found your blog - I hope you are having an amazing time in Kyrgystan! I need to make my way over soon! xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home